With the name and motto ‘Golf in Madrid’, the Madrid Golf Courses Association (MGCA – ACGM) has developed a campaign to promote the Madrid Community as an international golf and tourism spot. Madrid is presented as a new and surprising destination, perfect for a golf city break.
With the support of Turismo Madrid, October, November and December have been very dynamic months for the Association. Through a multi-channel move (in which all the member Clubs have been involved), Madrid has positioned itself as a top golf travel destination. The following actions have been the basis to achieve it:
- MGCA registration at the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO). A crucial movement and a gateway to many events and contacts around the world.
- Web page modernization to a more dynamic, visual and intuitive model.
- Four videos produced to show the tourist and golf offer in Madrid. Each video has been translated into Spanish, English and French in order to reach different audiences in the best way possible.
- Video promotion through Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn; social networks in which MGCA has registered or resumed activity.
- Advertising campaigns developed with the specialized tour operator Your Golf Travel and with the Golf GPS and Scoring App Hole 19.
With a 2 and a half months duration, the campaign has managed to reach close to 1.5M users around the world and generate more than 10% of response to the diverse actions. There have been thousands of visits to the new website, as well as more than 900 new followers on social media.
Due to the success of this operation, the Madrid Golf Course Association is already designing a new promotional plan for the next 3 years, this time with the aim, not only of showing the tourism and golf offer in the Community of Madrid, but also with the goal of starting to welcome new golfers to its venues.
Madrid Golf Courses Association
For more information: email@example.com